Wednesday, November 13, 2013

natural lighting: senior photos

Radiant Maddy showed up completely freshed-faced, and opened her trunk which was overflowing with a whimsical selection of clothes, headbands, and jewels seeking my input for her senior portraits (I love giving input). Maddy assisted me last year during her sister's senior portrait session, and seemed to possess great insight into my creative process.  She was a dream to photograph. We settled on her grandma's cheetah print, bell-sleeved tunic as her second to the last option, and I couldn't pass up paying homage to Florence Welch with some of the poses. After all, Florence was the reason I regrettably cut bangs (for the last time) in 2012. I am thrilled with the images--Maddy was able to offer a wide variety of moods and poses. It is such fun connecting with teens and finding a way to convey their personalities; in Maddy's case I strived to capture her free-spirit, joy, beauty and sincerity. All of the images were created in natural light. (Please click on the images to view them larger).










No comments:

Post a Comment